The course has the following objectives:
- To introduce attendees to the different main components of a supply chain management system as well as the different functions involved through the concept of: buy, make, fulfill, marketing, sales and customer service.
- To introduce the various factors which affect (directly and indirectly) and are affected by the supply chain and steps taken to improve the efficiency and effectiveness` of a supply chain process.
- The different components of the supply chain.
- The various factors affecting the supply chain.
- Steps for improving the supply chain performance.
- Procurement and purchasing management.
- The role of purchasing in the supply – chain – the BUY component.
- How it relate to the different supply chain components.
- The strategic role of purchasing.
- Supplier selection, monitoring and evaluation.
- Purchasing and TQM – just in time concept.
- Supplier development.
- How to lower the risk of dealing with different suppliers.
- Cost reduction programs; partnership model.
- New purchasing initiatives: e-purchasing.
- Basic inventory concepts, and what is the purpose of inventory.
- Effective inventory management.
- Inventory types, and what are inventory costs?
- Basic inventory management systems.
- Inventory management under conditions of certainty.
- Safety stocks and ordering quantities.
- Inventory strategy, Inventory carrying costs, Inventor turnover, Inventory forecasting.
Who Should Attend?
Professionals from the purchasing to the selling department including: the inventory, the production (or operation) and the marketing functions. It is also aimed at executives involved in the buy, make, fulfill, marketing, sales and customer service process.
The course is carried out in three training days
Copyright © Rawafid 2009